SIRES Consulting Group Inc Investing in
Our training courses and workshops are designed to develop the skills, knowledge and practice needed to build the competence required to manage projects successfully. Training programs are customized for project teams or large groups. We provide a variety of project management learning solutions to organizations and individuals. Our team understands that development project managers around the world work within a variety of environments, with a broad range of educational needs and diverse financial resources.
More importantly, we also understand that all development project managers need and deserve access to high-quality project management education, regardless of financial or time constraints. Working with your organization as a team, we teach you the tools and methods needed to attain successful project completion. Our intensive planning and implementation sessions are customized to your organization, so you see firsthand how tools and methods are applied on your projects.
- Fundamentals of Project Management
- Effective Project Management
- Adaptive Project Management
- Project Design, Monitoring, and Evaluation
- Custom Training
Fundamentals of Project Management (FPM)
A two-day session that delivers the Fundamentals concepts and knowledge on Project management for development organizations. The course makes an introduction to the principal processes and tools of project management, from the Project processes to the Project cycle. Participants will develop a common vocabulary and understanding of basic Project Management terms and concepts.
The course makes an introduction to the principal processes and tools of project management, from the Project processes to the Project cycle. Participants will obtain a critical foundation and understanding on the modern concepts of Project Management and will prepare them to move to more complex subjects.
Participants will receive a copy of the book “Fundamentals of Project Management” and an USB containing a copy of the presentations used in the course, plus material to help review the lessons.
At the end of this class, participants will be able to:
- Understand the basic concepts of project management in the development field
- Know the phases of the project cycle.
- Understand the value of utilizing appropriate project management phases
- Understand the critical roles and skills needed of a project manager
- Explain the different project management structures
Effective Project Management (EPM)
A three-day session, this course will give students an understanding of the most common processes, tools, techniques, and theories that are necessary to manage development projects. This course examines the defining characteristics of development projects and introduces the student to a variety of project management techniques that can be applied in a development project context.
Participants will review the modern tools and techniques for planning, scheduling, reporting, controlling, and managing projects. Participants will study and analyze the core project management processes (scope, schedule, budget and quality). The participants will gain knowledge of the concept of managing the project constraints and utilize those techniques in the project planning process. Participants will learn the iterative nature of project management activities and processes, and experience how major project processes interact with one another; they will also learn the characteristics of a project and its process deliverables.
Participants will receive a copy of the book “Effective Project Management” and an USB drive containing a copy of the presentations used in the course, plus material to help review the lessons.
At the end of this class, participants will be able to:
- Understand the nine knowledge areas of project management
- Know the steps required to plan and manage each project management process
- Understand the value of utilizing appropriate project management processes
- Apply the project management processes to the execution of an active project
Adaptive Project Management (APM)
A three-day session that uses a fictional case study to take participants through the six phases of project management life cycle. This course will give students an understanding of the most common processes, tools, techniques, and theories that are necessary to manage development projects. Participants are trained on our project management methodology and use the new forms and tools during the course.
This course provides the foundation, techniques and tools to manage each stage of the project life cycle, work within organizational and cost constraints, set goals tied directly to stakeholder needs, get the most from your project management team and utilize state-of-the-art project management tools to get work done on time and within budget.
This course examines the defining characteristics of development projects, especially involving the development of project plans, and introduces the student to a variety of project management techniques that can be applied in a development context. The course makes use of Case Studies to give participants the opportunity to apply the methods and tools in a fictional project and discuss in class the results.
Upon completion of the course, students should be able to:
- Understand the PM processes across all phases of a project
- Understand the nature of adaptive project management methodologies.
- Develop project proposal and project implementation plans
- Identify project risks and develop risk mitigation strategies.
Project Design, Monitoring and Evaluation(PDME)
A three-day session on the principles of Project Design, Monitoring and Evaluation (DM&E) Cycle. DM&E is a critical element of development projects as it provides the information needed to make decisions for project management, improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the interventions and satisfy accountability requirements.
This course examines the defining characteristics of monitoring and evaluation techniques and introduces the student to a variety of project management techniques that can be applied in a development project context. Through case study exercises and group discussions, participants will learn the links between design, monitoring and project evaluation. This course will stimulate ideas on how to design and implement monitoring and evaluation processes that strengthen accountability and learning and contribute to project effectiveness.
Upon completion of the course, students should be able to:
- Become familiar with the methods and tools to design, monitor and evaluate a development project.
- Learn the steps required to design a project using the logical framework
- Understand the phases of the DME cycle
- Identify the components of an effective monitoring and evaluation plan.
Custom Training Development (CTD)
SIRES CONSULTING GROUP can provide flexible training and workshops tailored to the unique needs of your organization. Our training services will enable you to quickly take advantage of the many benefits of our project management expertise. We can customize any course based on your specific requirements. We understand that organizations have unique needs, driven by donor or internal standards; we offer our services to customize the training, from the development of the course content, course manual and course presentations. All this material will be available to the course participants in printed and electronic format.
We will create a training solution that is tailored specifically for your needs.
Customize performance solutions linked to your unique organizational strategies, values, performance issues, constraints, and goals Address real-world performance goals and challenges with credible solutions Adapt plans, methods, processes, and media to meet your organization on its terms: work as closely or as independently as you like Deploy the right professionals to achieve your desired results within your budgets and timelines.
Client On-Site Delivery
All our courses are available for on-site delivery at your organization. On-site delivery allows your staff to maximize their training time by eliminating travel to an outside facility. Additionally, attending a course exclusively for your employees allows for targeted discussions where students can apply course content to your organization. Some courses may require students to have individual computers with Internet access. Please contact us for more information and to schedule your course.
A Blended Approach to Learning
We give organizations the ability to “target the learning” for faster, more effective results. We can reflect your organization’s current skills, processes and methodologies so participants walk away with training they can truly apply back on-the-job. Your staff gains only the knowledge they need – how they need it.
Many of our courses feature action learning; a well-tried method of accelerating learning where the experience is structured around actual work situations that participants must complete and apply in their jobs. Our facilitator presents the techniques and skills needed, the participants discuss the alternatives and come up with a solution they will monitor and measure to track progress and success throughout the project. The facilitator teaches them the skills “just-in-time,” and in the context of the actual tasks they need to accomplish.
The best way to gain knowledge is to learn from the experts. Our instructors are experts in their field and know the realities of today’s development environment. Participants leave the classroom learning approaches they could only have acquired through years of experience.
And the learning does not stop there. After completing a course with SIRES CONSULTING GROUP, we offer online mentoring. Participants can contact us with real world issues they are having trouble resolving, and one of our experienced instructors will help guide them through the resolution at no additional charge.
Contact us for additional information on SIRES CONSULTING GROUP ‘s customized learning solutions including courses on project management information systems, project leadership, managing high performing teams, and more.
Each SIRES CONSULTING GROUP curriculum includes a high level of support:
- An online Student Center that provides additional resources. A quarterly professional newsletter filled with practical tools and ideas. A Q&A section in our intranet site that will give you guidance and many tips to help manage your current projects.
- Each SIRES CONSULTING GROUP course kit is delivered in a carry-all bag containing a binder with a note pad, additional study material, articles, and an USB drive containing the material for the course, eBooks and practice exams.
- Each participant will receive a Certificate of Completion and access to our intranet site where they can obtain additional resources and participate in online discussions with our experts to ask questions and obtain further guidance to help them implement the skills learned in the course.
SIRES CONSULTING GROUP can deliver flexible solutions tailored to the unique needs of your organization. Our training services will enable you to quickly take advantage of the many benefits of our project management methodology. By teaming with us, you will diminish implementation risk, ensure user adoption, and maximize your overall investment in SIRES CONSULTING GROUP solutions.
SIRES CONSULTING GROUP consultants understand how you do your work; we’re uniquely positioned to help you achieve measurable success by utilizing a unified approach that combines:
- Reliability. SIRES CONSULTING GROUP works closely with you to ensure a successful project outcome. Our job isn’t finished until we’ve achieved your goals and deliver the results you need
- Expertise. No one understands SIRES CONSULTING GROUP products like the people who build them. SIRES CONSULTING GROUP consultants have the necessary knowledge and resources to guarantee your project success.
- Results. Our proven processes and methodology were developed during successful engagements allowing SIRES CONSULTING GROUP professionals to work with maximum speed and efficiency.
Send us an e-mail to email@example.com for information on consulting services. Or schedule an interview with one of our representatives.